Thursday, January 14, 2010

Oh how we danced...







One of the happiest days in my life happens to be July 5, 2008. 5 hours earlier I arrived to Atlanta, all by myself, and dropped my stuff in the seediest motel I have ever been. I drove the rented royal blue Prius around the city, in order to buy some groceries and waste time more than anything, in order to be early at the Fox Theatre for the event. At 9:30pm, the lights dimmed, and the tall, slim man with a fedora hat stood in front of the microphone. Once he opened his mouth and started growling, I knew I was not gonna be the same. Ever.

The mad hatter and his band played on for about 2 and a half hours. They never got tired. He made jokes, danced and stomped around, and was in his usual wacko personna. I laughed, I cried, and wanted it never to end. It was that magical. NPR was awesome enough to record the entire concert, which I've relived dozens of times ever since, but some smart dude in Barcelona also recorded the concert he played in July 17 in that Spanish city, and that's what I'm offerring to everyone here.

Tom Waits - Glitter and Doom @ Barcelona/07-15-08/Pt. Une
Tom Waits - Glitter and Doom @ Barcelona/07-15-08/Pt. Deux

Enjoy!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment