Monday, January 4, 2010

I found myself in the hothouse,,,

This being the first post of a blog that I certainly want to make an outlet for all the music I love and obsess about, I wanted to start with something not only strong, but pivotal to what [..thefaerygothmoter..] is intended to be. A band that never gained too much importance until recently, when Renascent Records picked up their catalog and reissued a few concerts, British post punk band The Sound was too good to suffer such fate. A powerful mix between Joy Division, Echo and The Bunnymen, and The Comsat Angels, they relied in thundering basslines, jangling guitars, and bleak lyrics from a frontman that was plagued with mental illness. "In The Hothouse", a 1985 live recording from two gigs in London, may never be a mainstream classic, but in my personal collection stands very, very near to the top.





The Sound - In The Hothouse

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment